A Fundraiser in support of IWAO
SPEND 6 NIGHTS IN PARIS at “La Table Du Roi”
Auction Date: 6:00 pm Oct 7, 2017 to 6:00 pm Oct 14, 2017
Market Value: $2500 Starting Bid: $1000 Bid Increment: $100
Email you bid: firstname.lastname@example.org
Renovated by Martine di Matteo, it has a full bedroom with three openings to the living room. The bed is adorned by a hand-painted mural made especially for the apartment. The doors and windows close and drapes can be lowered for complete privacy in the bedroom. A closet the length of one wall has been especially created to fit the space and house all your belongings.
The apartment’s central wall is open, exposing the original 17th-century beams to give visual space to the living room and kitchen, both having lots of light from the 3.5 meter-high windows. Lavish drapery adds to the elegant decor.
The signature of the entire apartment is a table that has been cleverly carved around the old beams so that a dining table serves the living room and a breakfast nook serves the kitchen! We venture to say that no other apartment in Paris can claim such a unique table...hence "La Table du Roi!"
At the other side of the living room is an extending desk, constructed to create a spacious work corner next to the window. A luxurious sofa bed opens to sleep another two guests comfortably.
The open kitchen is fully equipped to handle even the most elaborate gourmet meal and includes an oven, two-burner stove, microwave, refrigerator and washer/dryer combination machine.
The bath, handy to the entrance and facing the bedroom, has windows across the top to allow lots of light. It is beautifully equipped, with a state-of-the-art rainfall showerhead, heated towel rack, clothes drying rack and thick luxurious towels.
The apartment's decor says "17th-century Paris," but modern technology has been unobtrusively incorporated to meet your needs. It is equipped with a portable air conditioner for the warmest seasons along with high-speed Internet, flat-screen TV, multi-zone DVD player, and free(!) long distance phone service to 70 countries.
Considering the size of the apartment, every inch has been brilliantly used to make for a luxurious stay in the City of Light. No detail has been spared for comfort for up to four guests.
Transportation: Métro: Hôtel de Ville (#1, #11) Saint-Paul (#1); Buses: 67, 69, 75,76, 96
* Digicode, intercom entry system
* Three large windows on the street
* Electric wall heaters
* Portable Air Conditioning
* Queen-size bed that can be converted to two twins
* Bath with shower, sink and toilet, plus heated towel rack and drying rack
* Sofa that easily converts to a double bed
* Dining table for four + breakfast nook for 2
* Washer/dryer combination machine
* Hair dryer, iron, and ironing board
* Complete kitchen
* Radio alarm clock
* Entertainment system
* Private telephone line with answering machine;
* Free long distance telephone service to 70+ countries, including US and Canada
* Free WiFi internet access
* Instructions for equipment provided
* Electricity, heat, telephone and internet included
* No pets allowed